wow .. that’s the best response i can think of just now. i saw prometheus in the imax cinema in 3d and i’m so glad i did. the worlds developed, the cinematography, special effects and hints of more to come. all hiding within unbelievable layers within layers and it has really sucked me in.
of course i have some questions, i like a film that forces me to think and explore the subject matter. i will be the first to admit that i may have missed some clues and linkage but i remain confused, the confusion and frustration is overwhelming.
here goes then …
- how is it that david understands the alien language and can operate the sign like operational panels ?
- what is that hologram of past events and why is that not explained ?
- are the so called engineers, our origin ?
- where was the clue that they were going to infect earth with the black goo ?
- why does david infect that annoying man charlie with the egg, wormy things in that tiny drop ?
- how did david know all about the spheres and their contents ?
- what happened to that other annoying man fifield, who became a super strong spider mutant ?
- why on earth ( yes i know ) did they blow up the head and not keep it for study, trying to spark it up would be the last thing you’d try before studying every single part of it. you would just say “oh yes let’s give it a blast and see what happens” i think not.
- why were the ships parked on that moon and why when woken up, could the last engineer simply hit the go button and take off. was he waiting for someone to answer the signs on earth and travel to this moon and follow the prompts ?
- what the bloom’n heck was mr weyland thinking he’d achieve ? stupid notion, if david knew all about the engineers, the goo and the results, wouldn’t he know that such soft hearted communication and questioning would be futile, my apologies to the borg.
- why didn’t miss vickers bolt straight to her escape module poddy thing ?
- are these the same engineers who had the round saucer ship in the brilliant opening sequence ?
- if not who in the blazes where they ?
so before i explode or implode in considering these ponderables .. please help me to understand what the hell it was all about. oh and by the way the audio in the imax cinema was that freak’n good and the leather seats shook that much that i had to nick out for a big wee in the middle of the film, after the worms out of eyeballs scene and back when they were slapping dr shaw’s face. i hope that all the answers weren’t explained in that tiny ( big wee ) moment. thank you and please help, you might realise, i need help in so many ways.